Release Details (100K+ reach)
If your video is selected after submission:
Added to our Library
Your film or video will be added to our website archive and be featured across both the homepage and under the relevant category pages. This includes the related and suggested boxes throughout the site.
We will occasionally request a short Q&A with the director.
Occasionally, stills may not be strong enough for Instagram, in these instances, we’ll consider clips and trailers, or otherwise skip the platform entirely as it can affect engagement on future posts.
We always encourage filmmakers to share clips or teaser trailers for us to use across social.
Mentioned in our Newsletter
Directors’ Library publishes a regular newsletter and we may include your video in one of these bulletins.
Added to our Vimeo
If you provide us with a Vimeo link we will add your video to our VIMEO channel providing privacy settings allow. If the filmmaker/s provide us with clips, extracts, or trailers, we may upload these to our VIMEO profile.
We reserve the right to remove any video from our Library or social media accounts at any time.
We acknowledge that every project has unique merits, and so, we remain flexible when viewing each submission. We often consider the categories below:
- Narrative / Journey
- Originality / Creativity
- Craft / Proficiency
- Timeliness / Relevance
Please understand that we only share a small selection of the videos we receive.
We will notify you on the status of your submission, however, at this time we are unable to offer feedback.
We encourage you to share work with us prior to its release, however, we do not consider works-in-progress or trailers.
If your film is already publicly viewable online, we only consider work that has been released within the past two months, pay-to-view platforms and online password-protected festivals do not count towards this date.
Terms & Conditions
- There is no guarantee that your work will be shared by Directors’ Library.
- You or your company must have had an active involvement in the projects you share with us. Please use your discretion, but abuse will result in your membership being terminated.
- We do not accept projects with a runtime that exceeds 40 minutes in length.
- At this time, we cannot accept long-form, series, or trailers.
- We only consider work that has been released online within the past two months, pay-to-view platforms and online password-protected festivals do not count towards this date.
- Every submission will be treated with the utmost respect. However, particularly in consideration of longer runtimes, if our selectors have seen enough to be confident a project is not right for Directors’ Library, they will not be obliged to sit through the remaining duration.
- Membership will be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and will expire automatically.
- Membership fees are strictly non-refundable.
Our guide on supplying supporting materials can be found HERE.
For any further information, please CONTACT US.